Monday, November 10, 2008

Balance

This is the astounding view out my front door. In surroundings such as these, it is easy to find beauty in nature's abundance. I am grateful to live and work in such an amazing place. Here, it is hard to imagine indifference to our natural environment and to our responsibility to be good shepherds so that future generations of life of all kinds will flourish.

Even still, my recent attendance at the West Coast Green conference heightened my awareness of these world-wide issues and our election of Barack Obama as our future President gives me renewed hope that we will solve those dilemmas that hinder our progress to sustainability.

One huge ecosystem-- a fractal of millions of tiny ecosystems all interrelated. In all of this, we have our own place and we can tip the balance. The way to change things collectively is to change individually and to spread it like a meme.
I am trying, but sometimes I forget and I'm lazy and spoiled and I'm going to have to get over it. After all, nothing could be more beautiful than life in perfect balance and harmony with nature.


2 comments:

KB said...

Hi Sheri...Yes it is hard to remember we are just a small spec in the wind...
Time to find our place, connect with spirit and get ready for change...

Anonymous said...

Incredible view & gorgeous photo!